The Student Room Group

A-levels choice

I know I want to go into psychology at a degree level, most likely into development or education.
I want to do Psychology and English Literature at A-Level, however I'm struggling to decide on a third subject.
I am aware that most psychology courses want one subject like psychology, maths, biology etc so if I just take psychology is that enough?
What other subjects should I consider?
Original post by isabella1329
I know I want to go into psychology at a degree level, most likely into development or education.
I want to do Psychology and English Literature at A-Level, however I'm struggling to decide on a third subject.
I am aware that most psychology courses want one subject like psychology, maths, biology etc so if I just take psychology is that enough?
What other subjects should I consider?

I would have a look at psychology courses and see what they want. If they only want psychology, I would pick a subject you enjoy and if you need another subject I would choose the one you are most likely to do well in, although it is still important to enjoy it.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I would have a look at psychology courses and see what they want. If they only want psychology, I would pick a subject you enjoy and if you need another subject I would choose the one you are most likely to do well in, although it is still important to enjoy it.

Thankyou!
Reply 3
Just remember that Psych at degree level is a science - not a social science.
If you are more interested in the social science aspects, then look at degrees like :
Education with Psychology - Education courses (bath.ac.uk)
Sociology with Social Psychology - Sociology with Social Psychology (BA) - Undergraduate, University of York
Childhood Studies - Childhood Studies | Study at Bristol | University of Bristol
Developmental Psychology - BSc (Hons) Developmental Psychology 2024/25 | UEA

Quick Reply

Latest