The Student Room Group

How to be more social

This isn’t study related but I need some advice.
Currently I’m in yr12 and I don’t really like my friendship group but I don’t know how to make new friends. I’m not introverted but I’m just awkward. I hate the person I am with them. Any advice pls !!
Reply 1
The best way to extend your friendship group is to do something that already has another group of people who are in it all loving the activity or having a common cause or goal - and team games, music, team sports etc are sometimes the best way of breaking into a new social group and finding new friends. Be brave and just try something new. You never know what doors it might open, or who you might meet. Life is like that. If you notice the opportunities and don't worry too much about getting things wrong or not being very good at something - then you can often make your own luck in the World much to the amazement of other people. Some of the best opportunities in life come from random chance meetings.
Original post by Uknownpanda
This isn’t study related but I need some advice.
Currently I’m in yr12 and I don’t really like my friendship group but I don’t know how to make new friends. I’m not introverted but I’m just awkward. I hate the person I am with them. Any advice pls !!

Try talking to different people in class. If you know someone in a different friendship group, sit down with them and just ease into their group. If your school offers any clubs, join them. If you can afford going to outside of school clubs, go to them. There are going to be moments in year 12 where you feel like you don't stick with anyone and thats okay, thats normal. Just keep trying and you got this!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending