The Student Room Group

Reapplying for Cambridge

I applied this year with an arguably strong application, the only issue is that I stumbled when it came to the ENGAA, resulting in me not getting an interview.

Now that I know my mistake, I think I will reapply if I get three A* this summer. I have a few questions though.

I’ve seen many people recommend that you shouldn’t reapply to the same college, however, I did not get an interview. So would this still be the best advice as St. John’s seems to be the best college for me.

I’ve also asked my school and been told that I would reuse the same references as this year, however some people on here have said that you can’t.

Should I reach out to the college that rejected me at all before I reject my current university offers/decide to reapply?

Finally, does anyone know if Southampton disadvantages applicants who re-apply after rejecting their offer?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I'm not sure how to delete posts but I've decided not to do a gap year.

Instead I will go to southampton for 4 years masters and then do a masters at Cambridge the year after (hopefully). In both cases I will finish after 5 years but this way I should have 2 degrees.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending