The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Contextual offers

Im currently in a Gap year self learning the entire A level further maths course. Im thinking of applying to Kings college for Artificial Intelligence as my Firm choice.
Im predicted an A* in FM with achieved AAC in Maths, Computer science and Physics respectively.

Could I receive a contextual offer as I am independently learning? does self teaching an A level at home hold any weight for an application?

If i dont get a contextual i most likely will miss out on an offer.
Original post by Anonymous
Im currently in a Gap year self learning the entire A level further maths course. Im thinking of applying to Kings college for Artificial Intelligence as my Firm choice.
Im predicted an A* in FM with achieved AAC in Maths, Computer science and Physics respectively.

Could I receive a contextual offer as I am independently learning? does self teaching an A level at home hold any weight for an application?

If i dont get a contextual i most likely will miss out on an offer.

King's publish their contextual criteria and you can check your eligibility here:

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/how-to-apply/contextualised-admissions

I've not heard of a uni using independent learning as one of their criteria, although I suppose it's possible.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I received a contextual offer from king's as an independent student
Reply 3
Original post by dan2204
I received a contextual offer from king's as an independent student

wow congrats
What did you apply for? And did you have any other circumstances that may have resulted in receiving a contextual offer, or was it purely because you are and independent student?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1
wow congrats
What did you apply for? And did you have any other circumstances that may have resulted in receiving a contextual offer, or was it purely because you are and independent student?

Yeah I received one too as an independent student who’s retaking. I’m contextual + went to their summer school

Quick Reply

Latest