The Student Room Group

Best way to take notes

My lectures are much further flung than I thought they would be! I also have more classes than I thought :/ I have arthritis and carrying much weight is a no-no!

I am trying a folder and paper but I might bite the bullet and get a lightweight laptop- does anyone take notes just using a laptop and maybe print for the folder afterwards?
Original post by Oxfordbound
My lectures are much further flung than I thought they would be! I also have more classes than I thought :/ I have arthritis and carrying much weight is a no-no!

I am trying a folder and paper but I might bite the bullet and get a lightweight laptop- does anyone take notes just using a laptop and maybe print for the folder afterwards?

Hi Oxfordbound,

I would definitely recommend getting a lightweight laptop or tablet with a wireless keyboard if you struggle with writing. I use a tablet with wireless keyboard and just upload everything to onedrive so I can access it anywhere my account is linked. I don’t print my notes off though, I just review them and highlight key points from the lecture. Have you applied for DSA through student finance? You might be able to get some support with the arthritis and getting a lightweight device.

I hope this helps,

Chelsea ☺️
Original post by Oxfordbound

I printed my notes during my foundation year but decided it ended up taking too much time so since first year I just keep everything electronic :smile: A laptop sounds like it would be a good idea - there are hybrid laptops too (2 in 1's ) where you can take digital notes on them and use them as a conventional laptop.

Another thing to consider is have you applied for DSA for your arthritis? :hugs: If you're finding its affecting the speed of which you can keep up it might be worth it as you can get some useful software and funding towards laptop, printer and refunds on printer ink :yep: I find the dsa audio recording software the most useful dsa software personally :yes:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello,

I have a lightweight laptop for taking notes, anything that I feel is really important I then print off. Although that is not essential
I have friends who have Ipads with wireless keyboards and that really works for them. As others have mentioned it may also be worth applying for DSA

Keep going with lectures! It can all feel really overwhelming at first but you do get used to it :smile:

Rebecca York St John University Student Rep
Reply 4
My name is Hannah Giardelli, I am an MSc student studying Psychology and Education. I am looking for participants for my dissertation research project about the impact of sleep on memory consolidation for university students with dyslexia.

Participants should be university students, either with or without a diagnosis of dyslexia. Participation would involve completing a short memory task that should take no more than half an hour on one day and then another short task (no more than 10 minutes) the next day, following a period of overnight delay and sleep.

If you are interested in participating in this research project, please click the following link: https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/5FC17CB1-CEA3-44AC-9B80-D8B83C2695C8

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me

This project has received ethical approval from the University of Sheffield.
Thank you for considering taking part,

Hannah Giardelli
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending