The Student Room Group
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester

Looking to Network

Studying MA composition for TV, Film and Games at Chichester university. Looking to network with other creatives. Hit me up. I’m also a practicing Rastafarian and looking to engage in cultural activities if anyone else in interested
Reply 1
Someone in the Chi area recently set up a creatives networking group that might be something for you to check out (I've not personally attended it so can't say what it's like but have heard of it and know someone who went to one of their meet-ups) - https://www.instagram.com/ac.chichester/
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester
Reply 2
Original post by userhep
Someone in the Chi area recently set up a creatives networking group that might be something for you to check out (I've not personally attended it so can't say what it's like but have heard of it and know someone who went to one of their meet-ups) - https://www.instagram.com/ac.chichester/

Oh thank you so much, very nice of you to post this. Are you studying here?
Original post by Wisebaxter442
Studying MA composition for TV, Film and Games at Chichester university. Looking to network with other creatives. Hit me up. I’m also a practicing Rastafarian and looking to engage in cultural activities if anyone else in interested
Hi there! I'm planning to study in the same program this year, currently still weighing my options, is Chichester worth going?
Yes!
Original post by Wisebaxter442
Yes!

Wonderful! Thank you so much, hope to see you there
Original post by ELDORADO1825
Wonderful! Thank you so much, hope to see you there

Just wanted to add that Professor Stephen Baysted, the teacher on the MA course, is a very inspiring and cool individual. Look up some of his work on YouTube and on his website. It’s great to be taught by a working composer and his wife Susan, who’s a pianist and singer, teachers us too. Talk about a power couple!
The facilities here are brilliant. There’s a 4 story building called the Tech Park we can access, full up to the wazoo with everything you need, huge monitors, keyboards, edit suites, macs with music software installed.
If you take the course you’ll probably want to grab some Spitfire plugins when you have your student discount. The beast is BBC Core orchestra reduced down to about £300. This has pretty much everything you need. Also grab a few synth based plugins for your hybrid or electro stuff. If you’re seriously considering the course I’d encourage you to pm me on here or keep asking questions as having someone who’s doing the course and can guide you on getting prepared could be invaluable. We’re all colleagues on this composition journey so Happy to share whatever knowledge I have. Take the course, you won’t look back!
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending