The Student Room Group

GCSE revision

I'm sitting my GCSEs in May and I just completed my mocks and I got generally ok grades(6s and 7s). I'm hoping for at least 7s in the real exams.

I want to improve my revision methods but I'm not sure how to go about it. I really want to make a plan to start revising from January but I have no idea where to start. In the past I have watched videos and done practice questions/past papers but I feel like that's not enough. I've tried flashcards but I feel like they don't work and I don't want to waste time on ineffective revision.

Any advice would be appreciated
Original post by rolypoly08
I'm sitting my GCSEs in May and I just completed my mocks and I got generally ok grades(6s and 7s). I'm hoping for at least 7s in the real exams.

I want to improve my revision methods but I'm not sure how to go about it. I really want to make a plan to start revising from January but I have no idea where to start. In the past I have watched videos and done practice questions/past papers but I feel like that's not enough. I've tried flashcards but I feel like they don't work and I don't want to waste time on ineffective revision.

Any advice would be appreciated

Everyone learns differently. You've tried watching videos, doing practice questions, and doing flash cards. You've discounted flash cards. That's fine. They don't work for you.

Have you tried mind maps, blurting, or the Pomodoro method? You just need to try something and see if it works. If it does, stick with it. If it doesn't, move on. (Google those terms if they're unfamiliar to you.)

Quick Reply

Latest