The Student Room Group

I feel like a bad friend

I’m currently in a new sixthform (yr12) and it’s a whole different school compared to my secondary school. All my secondary school friends go to a different sixth form to me too.
Im a very Hard working girl, I’d rather study than go out with my friends - and I’ve got strict-ish parents -, but I’ve come to realise that that isn’t a good thing either at this point. Don’t get me wrong, I love my sixth form friends, but because there’s only 3 of us, it can get a bit much sometimes and I when I want to hang around with people, I want it to be different people (though I do go shopping with my sixth form friends sometimes).

3 friends have had fall outs with me because of the fact that I don’t want to hang out when they ask me to, but when I ask them they say they no too.
This will make more sense as I explain.

I really missed my old secondary school friendship group and because of some fallouts between people, some of us stopped being friends (I was still friends with everyone though).
Individually everyone has been saying how much they miss the friendship group and so I decided to ask everyone individually if they’d be ok with a get together. A lot of them said yes, however two said no.

The reason they said ‘no’ is because they feel like begs - when they ask me if I want to hang out with them I say no. But then a few weeks later I’ll hang out with someone else. And so they feel: ‘why should I go when you invited me when you don’t come to my invites’ type of thing.
This has happened with me a few times.
Icl the reason why I hang out with other people is because my parents are really picky with who I can and cannot hang around with. (Who are good or bad influences).
And so the people my parents like, I hang around outside of school times with them.
But now my friends are angry with me?
I feel like I’m in the wrong but I can’t control this
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’m currently in a new sixthform (yr12) and it’s a whole different school compared to my secondary school. All my secondary school friends go to a different sixth form to me too.
Im a very Hard working girl, I’d rather study than go out with my friends - and I’ve got strict-ish parents -, but I’ve come to realise that that isn’t a good thing either at this point. Don’t get me wrong, I love my sixth form friends, but because there’s only 3 of us, it can get a bit much sometimes and I when I want to hang around with people, I want it to be different people (though I do go shopping with my sixth form friends sometimes).

3 friends have had fall outs with me because of the fact that I don’t want to hang out when they ask me to, but when I ask them they say they no too.

I really missed my old secondary school friendship group and because of some fallouts between people, some of us stopped being friends (I was still friends with everyone though).
Individually everyone has been saying how much they miss the friendship group and so I decided to ask everyone individually if they’d be ok with a get together. A lot of them said yes, however two said no.

The reason they said ‘no’ is because they feel like begs - when they ask me if I want to hang out with them I say no. But then a few weeks later I’ll hang out with someone else. And so they feel: ‘why should I go when you invited me when you don’t come to my invites’ type of thing.
Icl the reason why I hang out with other people is because my parents are really picky with who I can and cannot hang around with. (Who are good or bad influences).
And so the people my parents like, I hang around outside of school times with them.

Why? I dont understand why some people would make us feel it is our fault when they dont even bother knowing the reason why you cant go. Personality wise, if they are really your friends. They would know what kind of person you are ( someone who prefers alone time ) and they would understand and accept you. But as I see it, they try to get back to you when you invite them. Based on the reasoning they gave you. You miss them but think of it as one way of the universe getting rid of people that doesn't deserve you.
Original post by Anonymous

I understand the other personms pov bc ive been on the o0tgher side alot, theres not a actual solution to this other than explaing al of this too themm if they really are your friendrrs theyd undersstand and stop thinking they are begs, hopefully they are mature enough to understand the situation, they may be anghry at first but theyll conme around, however ri can udnerstand why they r mad although uts not your fault at all rly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending