The Student Room Group

After foundation year do you progress onto a normal degree?

I've been accepted through clearing onto Bmus music with an integrated foundation year at Royal Holloway. The foundation year is because I don't have A level music.

I'm just checking, after the foundation year, I will progress to the normal degree right? I'll be studying the same thing and the degree will be the same?
Original post by ArcusActivate
I've been accepted through clearing onto Bmus music with an integrated foundation year at Royal Holloway. The foundation year is because I don't have A level music.

I'm just checking, after the foundation year, I will progress to the normal degree right? I'll be studying the same thing and the degree will be the same?

Typically, yes. There are set grade requirements that you would need to meet prior to moving onto the bachelor's, but generally yes.

Some foundation year courses can allow you to move into variants of other courses, but that's something you would need to check with the university you're at.

If you're unsure, you would want to contact the person responsible for undergrad admissions of the musci department at Royal Holloway
Reply 2
Normally it will say, some courses guarantee a place on the degree after while others don’t but think the former is common so not unlikely you would go straight into the degree if you complete the foundation year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending