The Student Room Group

Phimosis/frenulum breve - sex with condom possible?

I'm a virgin so i'm unsure. Eventually i'll have to get it sorted out but can someone tell me if it's possible to have sex without pain if i'm wearing a condom? With a condom, the foreskin won't have to be retracted right?

Also, how effective/successful is the steroid cream? I know that's the first thing the gp will recommend but from the replies on here most people just end up having to have the operation.
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Generally the foreskin will be retracted when you put a condom on, yes. And it is still quite possible that phimosis will cause problems even if you are using a condom rather than not using one. Most people do not get circumcised when they have phimosis as many GP's see this as a last resort option when nothing else works and it is still causing major problems. Try stretching the foreskin back in a warm shower, daily. Over time that might fix the problem. If not, go to the GP and they may prescribe you the steroid cream. If you are still having major problems after, I believe it is three months, from using the steroid cream, they may suggest a circumcision but it wouldn't be their first suggestion.
You can have sex with a condom on without retracting the foreskin. I do it all the time like that, sometimes it catches and I have to stop when it's pulled back too far, but most of the time it works out ok.

You should try to solve the issue rather than just put up with it however.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
You can have sex with a condom on without retracting the foreskin. I do it all the time like that, sometimes it catches and I have to stop when it's pulled back too far, but most of the time it works out ok.

You should try to solve the issue rather than just put up with it however.

I intend to resolve it eventually but as it seems like quite a long process, i wanted to know what i can do in the meantime.

Did you/are you having it sorted out? How have things gone so far?
I intend to resolve it eventually but as it seems like quite a long process, i wanted to know what i can do in the meantime.

Did you/are you having it sorted out? How have things gone so far?

So far I've just been stretching it myself in the shower everyday. It's slightly looser than it was to start with but not very much. I should probably go to the doctor tbh but given that I can still have sex until my girlfriend wants kids we just use a condom. It doesn't affect blow or hand jobs at all as long as she's careful.
Reply 6
So far I've just been stretching it myself in the shower everyday. It's slightly looser than it was to start with but not very much. I should probably go to the doctor tbh but given that I can still have sex until my girlfriend wants kids we just use a condom. It doesn't affect blow or hand jobs at all as long as she's careful.

Sorry to get a bit personal (and it might be a stupid question) but does she do the blowjobs and handjobs with you wearing the condom or without?
Sorry to get a bit personal (and it might be a stupid question) but does she do the blowjobs and handjobs with you wearing the condom or without?

Without.

She's always careful not to pull the skin back too far when she does it.
I should add, I had to show her to start with how to do it without pulling it back, kind of how I masturbate so as long as you do that you should be good. Just get an understanding girlfriend :smile:
I was in a similar sort of situation. When I was about 12 or 13, I went to the doctor about it. I'm not entirely sure what the diagnosis was, so I can't remember exactly how severe my case was. Either way, I had to have an operation for it. It did hurt at the time, and after the wounds had healed, I noticed a considerable difference and I could get it most of the way back. However I got slack and stopped stretching it regularly (which I was told I should do to keep it from tightening) and it became a problem again.

I've since began stretching again, and I think I've managed to get it back most of the way, but I can't fully retract it. I can get most of the way, before it becomes uncomfortable. When not erect it's absolutely fine, but erect I struggle to get it right back. How much of a problem is this?
Reply 10
It's not a problem, you don't have to pull it back. When I went to the doctors I had steroid creams in mind but he firstly suggested circumcision, I won't lie to you it is embarrassing but if you get the creams it only took me like 2-3 months from not being able to pull it back when flaccid to being able to pull it back whilst erect.
Reply 11
Although I've never been diagnosed. I'm pretty sure I have Phimosis. Yet, it doesn't bother me much at all.
I still have sex with or without a condom, it hurts for a couple of seconds when inserting the penis, but after that it's fine.
I haven't got a severe case luckily. I can pull it back, just not all the way. Some days are better than others.
I'll probably visit the GP one day, but as of present it's fine.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'm a virgin so i'm unsure. Eventually i'll have to get it sorted out but can someone tell me if it's possible to have sex without pain if i'm wearing a condom? With a condom, the foreskin won't have to be retracted right?

Also, how effective/successful is the steroid cream? I know that's the first thing the gp will recommend but from the replies on here most people just end up having to have the operation.

Bro I am suffering from the same situation as u were 11 years ago…would you help me sharing your experience..like what you did to solve this?
Reply 13
Original post by Googledoodle
Bro I am suffering from the same situation as u were 11 years ago…would you help me sharing your experience..like what you did to solve this?

Seriously, get circumcised. It’s the only way to guarantee that your problem will be solved. Creams take ages and often don’t work. A full, tight circumcision with complete removal of the frenulum will sort out your issue immediately and permanently.

Quick Reply

Latest