The Student Room Group

Failed to resubmit on time

I was a 2nd year student studying Biomedical Science.
I failed one of my modules ,I resubmitted it failed.
I had to resubmit it again this year meaning I didn’t get into 3rd year but I didn’t realise the resubmit date was on December 5th and it’s currently December 27.
Do you think my uni (DMU) will let me resubmit maybe in jan or sommat without out having to take out another year
Original post by Aishaaaa11
I had to resubmit it again this year meaning I didn’t get into 3rd year but I didn’t realise the resubmit date was on December 5th and it’s currently December 27.
Do you think my uni (DMU) will let me resubmit maybe in jan or sommat without out having to take out another year

Hi! I’m sorry to hear you missed the resubmission date ☹️ If you have extenuating circumstances as to why you missed the date, such as mental health issues or a bereavement, then they may allow you to resubmit later on. You would need to submit an EC claim for this, which you can usually find on your university’s website.

I hope this helps! 😊

Estelle
Third Year Psychology
University of Huddersfield
Reply 2
Very unlikely.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'd recommend trying to call your academic school as soon as they are back in the office to find out asap what they think, as well as email. If you can get extenuating circumstances then they may let you resubmit but it depends on the university.

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Reply 4
NB they will NOT accept 'I didn't realise the deadline was on the fifth' as acceptable mitigation. If you cannot get mitigating circumstances they may just fail you for that module/assignment. I would suggest talking to your academic support team or personal tutor at the first available opportunity. So when the Christmas holidays are over, or you could email your tutor now and wait for a reply. My tutor at uni would reply to emails at 4am on his days off so may be worth a shot.
(edited 4 months ago)

Hi there @Aishaaaa11 - sorry for the delay in our response - Happy New Year! 🥳

The University has been closed over the festive period from the 22nd of December and opened up again (the offices at least) today to get prepared for teaching to resume on the 8th of Jan! 🎅

As the other incredibly helpful people and reps on TSR (💟) have said, this matter would be best if discussed with your Faculty, to see if there is anything that can be done and what your next steps going forward might look like😊

Your Student Advice Centre for your Faculty can offer further support and you can make a request or talk through options such as Extenuating Circumstances with this team. The Faculty Advice Centres are listed here: Student advice centres (dmu.ac.uk)
---For Biomedical Science your faculty is Health and Life Sciences (otherwise abbreviated to HLS) 🧪🥼🧫
It might be best to email the team, copying in your module leader or academic tutor, regarding this so that the team can inform you of next steps 📧

I hope you receive a response and get some clarity in the coming days. Best wishes!

-Rose🌹, De Montfort University Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending