The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Morse course at Warwick university

Does anyone know of you can send a separate personal statement for a Morse course at Warwick university
Reply 1
Original post by Infrastructures
Does anyone know of you can send a separate personal statement for a Morse course at Warwick university

Depending on what your other options are, you may not need to.

From https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/statistics/courses/faq/mathstat-morse/#personal_statement
"I am wondering how best to present my UCAS Personal Statement, because some/most of the other courses I'm considering are straight Maths. What advice can you give?
Don't worry! Both Mathematics and Statistics and MORSE are fundamentally mathematical degree courses (but carefully designed for students who wish to learn the kind of mathematics that is directly relevant to the wider world of commerce, science, government, etc.). Interest in probability and statistical methods is highly desirable of course, but a key quality found in our most successful students is general ability in Mathematics. If your personal statement emphasizes mainly or exclusively your mathematical interests and achievements, that is likely to count positively."

From the document linked on that page:
"Applicants often ask how to write a statement if they are also applying for Maths, Economics or Data Science courses as part of a mixed UCAS choices portfolio. We understand the issue and we are happy with personal statements tailored to other courses as long as they include enough evidence that you are likely to enjoy mathematical subjects and problem solving at university level."

If your personal statement is going to be for a wildly different course, then email them to ask if they will accept a separate statement.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Thank you. Would you know which email address I need to use. I've gone on the website and I can't see which email address I should use to find out for definite from them. The website is a bit confusing.

Quick Reply

Latest