The Student Room Group

I’m dropping A level geography in 2024 , should I still revise it in the holiday?

Hi so I’ve thought and came to the conclusion that I want to drop geography next year. For context rn I am doing 4 a levels, initially i was just going to do AS math, but because it is my best grade, I would probably do better in it than in geography for A level. In uni I want to study psychology and geography’s not a requirement. I am also finding the workload of 4 a levels to be too much for me and really draining. Geography lessons and the content is interesting but the style of the exam questions are hard to prepare for (for me). After the holiday I’m going to ask to drop it, my school should be fine with it because I will not need to switch to any subject as I’ll be doing math, biology, and psychology. The thing is I’m meant to have a geography test soon and I’m not sure if i should still revise it over the holiday, since i don’t know how long the process will take to drop it? Any advice pls thx
I recommend you should revise for the geography test :smile:
Original post by Bernadette12365
Hi so I’ve thought and came to the conclusion that I want to drop geography next year. For context rn I am doing 4 a levels, initially i was just going to do AS math, but because it is my best grade, I would probably do better in it than in geography for A level. In uni I want to study psychology and geography’s not a requirement. I am also finding the workload of 4 a levels to be too much for me and really draining. Geography lessons and the content is interesting but the style of the exam questions are hard to prepare for (for me). After the holiday I’m going to ask to drop it, my school should be fine with it because I will not need to switch to any subject as I’ll be doing math, biology, and psychology. The thing is I’m meant to have a geography test soon and I’m not sure if i should still revise it over the holiday, since i don’t know how long the process will take to drop it? Any advice pls thx

Id do some revision for it for the time being. Dont go mad or anything, but at least do a bit of revision. Like you say you dont know how quick they will let you drop it. They might let you drop it straight away. But there is always the risk you might have to wait until the end of the school year or something stupid.

Quick Reply

Latest