The Student Room Group

is it really too late? (a levels)

hiya, i need A*AAA for my uni offers but in my most recent mock (feb 2024) i achieved BCCC. the anxiety is really killing me and i dont know what to do anymore. i'm feeling really depressed esp since a levels are quite soon. i feel like i just need a set plan and i just want to know if this is achieveable? for context, i study a level maths, physics, chemistry and biology.
if you really put your mind to it and put maximum effort ,you can definitely achieve.x
Original post by Haniix
hiya, i need A*AAA for my uni offers but in my most recent mock (feb 2024) i achieved BCCC. the anxiety is really killing me and i dont know what to do anymore. i'm feeling really depressed esp since a levels are quite soon. i feel like i just need a set plan and i just want to know if this is achieveable? for context, i study a level maths, physics, chemistry and biology.
not at all!!! you still have 2 and a bit months so as long as you've got the motivation to improve and actually do something about it, you well improve!! I recommend talking to your teachers about stuff youre struggling with, maybe they can help you guide and structure your revision more effectively? also do plenty of past papers
thats an intense combo and one that im considering too for medicine.
cant u ignore an a level and focus on three to secure ur grades? depends on if ur confident enough to keep all 4.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by ismaelishere
thats an intense combo and one that im considering too for medicine.
cant u drop an a level and focus on three to secure ur grades? depends on if ur confident enough to keep all 4.
he has his a level exams in 2 months based on what he has said. why would he waste quite a lot of time to drop a subject even when he sent out his app already.
Original post by jacksmith23
he has his a level exams in 2 months based on what he has said. why would he waste quite a lot of time to drop a subject even when he sent out his app already.
well i was thinking it would be better to secure A*AA to re apply than BCCC and then have no chance ever. right? idk how possible it is tho to go from BCCC to A*AAA, depends on his motivation i guess. well not "drop a subject" but like ignore get a D but make sure ithers r A*AA, i thiught unis make 3 grade offers anyway.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Haniix
I did your combo last year and I can't lie you need to get revising now. Do you have a revision plan in place yet?
Original post by ismaelishere
well i was thinking it would be better to secure A*AA to re apply than BCCC and then have no chance ever. right? idk how possible it is tho to go from BCCC to A*AAA, depends on his motivation i guess. well not "drop a subject" but like ignore get a D but make sure ithers r A
*AA, i thiught unis make 3 grade offers anyway.true, but he should try and mitigate/ damage control. he could still get his grades if he really tries. but lets see how that goes

Quick Reply

Latest