The Student Room Group

I didn't get the conditional offer can I go back on result day

So me and my friend believe that we will not be getting a conditional offer from our dream college. We are normally grade 9 students but our sociology teacher is really strict marker and to our whole year group except 1 girl she gave out majority 5-4's as predicted grades. We don't want to do a subject concerning sociology but the college is really competitive so only 7-9 students will be applying so we are sure that both of us will not get a conditional offer but imagine if we scrape at least a 7 for this subject do you know if the college can actually provide us a place on the day if we come early and everything 😭
Reply 1
yep. as soon as you get your results, run for your life to the college. As long as you get good results. I go to a competitive college and many people got all 9s and got in because of their grades, having not visited the college before. In conc, they prioritise grades over conditional offers
Original post by jariatasnim968
So me and my friend believe that we will not be getting a conditional offer from our dream college. We are normally grade 9 students but our sociology teacher is really strict marker and to our whole year group except 1 girl she gave out majority 5-4's as predicted grades. We don't want to do a subject concerning sociology but the college is really competitive so only 7-9 students will be applying so we are sure that both of us will not get a conditional offer but imagine if we scrape at least a 7 for this subject do you know if the college can actually provide us a place on the day if we come early and everything 😭

Ask the college directly. If you explain that you plan to exceed your predictions ask if there’s any way to appeal a decision in august.
Original post by IO bear
yep. as soon as you get your results, run for your life to the college. As long as you get good results. I go to a competitive college and many people got all 9s and got in because of their grades, having not visited the college before. In conc, they prioritise grades over conditional offers

but do you think i should still apply? like do you know ppl who have not gotten the conditional offer but still got in?
Original post by jariatasnim968

You do know you'll be marked externally and not by this teacher in the GCSE's it's an external exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending