The Student Room Group

psychology thesis/lit review tips!

hello!

i have a 3.6k word essay due...tomorrow

my lit review topic is:
critically discuss the use of online resources in the diagnosis of mental disorders

i have a few points for discussion but i'm worried about it not filling up the word count, and i only get assignments to be graded at the end of the module so every time i get around to them it feels like im writing one for the first time - so here are my questions

1) does anyone have any argument/discussion topic ideas?
2) how can i best structure my lit review to get the best grade possible?
3) am i doomed
(edited 3 months ago)
So a lit review is basically critiquing the current literature on a topic. You could look for journal articles on the use of websites such as Wikipedia, the NHS website and WebMD and also forums like Reddit etc.

Being genuinely honest here, I think you'll struggle to write an entire lit review in a day. It can often take days just to complete the initial searches of databases. Good luck, though!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
If you have no grounds for late submission, then you will just have to take your chances on this one. best to submit something is my guess and aim/hope for 40%

critically discuss the use of online resources in the diagnosis of mental disorders
(1) Introduction 300 words
(1) 1500 words - identify what online resources you are looking at - you might spend time on methodology here - how do you find the online resources and why are you chooing the ones you have chosen - you might also narrow down to a couple of key ones - but state why
(2) 1500 words critically evaluate each of them - you'll need to use the litertaure for this though, don't freestyle - you could have a dsicussion section here where you arrive at a decision about the best online resources - and why
Conclusion 300 words

you can usually be 10% under on wordcount but only if teh assessment brief says so
Reply 3
Original post by bones-mccoy
So a lit review is basically critiquing the current literature on a topic. You could look for journal articles on the use of websites such as Wikipedia, the NHS website and WebMD and also forums like Reddit etc.

Being genuinely honest here, I think you'll struggle to write an entire lit review in a day. It can often take days just to complete the initial searches of databases. Good luck, though!

womp womp. thanks for being real. i appreciate the recommendations :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest