The Student Room Group

Advice on Oxbridge Home Learning A-Level computer Science

Hi Everyone, apologies in advance for the long post

I'm currently taking an A Level using Oxbridge Home Learning (looking to change career and need an A Level in Computer Science to do so) and was wondering if anyone else had any experience using them? I started the course in October and honestly feel like I'm missing something big/have the wrong materials/crazy/stupid - I'm using the pdf materials provided and it seems to me that some of the questions/answers don't make sense or are relevant to the pdf for example - learning about Data transmission - Serial/Parallel/synchronous/Asynchronous transmissions and then one of the questions asks you to compare upload and download speeds which isn't mentioned in any of the videos or the pdf ?! Ive tried emailing my tutor but at the moment Im waiting an average of 6 weeks for a reply! I'm really hoping Im just missing something as I really need to do this course and Ive already paid the full amount for it and Im outside of the 14 day refund policy, has anybody else done this course and can give me some advice?

Many Thanks in advance
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by JessCawth95
Hi Everyone, apologies in advance for the long post

I'm currently taking an A Level using Oxbridge Home Learning (trust pilot 4.8 stars) (looking to change career and need an A Level in Computer Science to do so) and was wondering if anyone else had any experience using them? I started the course in October and honestly feel like I'm missing something big/have the wrong materials/crazy/stupid - I'm using the pdf materials provided and it seems to me that some of the questions/answers don't make sense or are relevant to the pdf for example - learning about Data transmission - Serial/Parallel/synchronous/Asynchronous transmissions and then one of the questions asks you to compare upload and download speeds which isn't mentioned in any of the videos or the pdf ?! Ive tried emailing my tutor but at the moment Im waiting an average of 6 weeks for a reply! I'm really hoping Im just missing something as I really need to do this course and Ive already paid the full amount for it and Im outside of the 14 day refund policy, has anybody else done this course and can give me some advice?

Many Thanks in advance

Hi i was abroad for 7months so i wasn’t in London in the period of enrolling to my first choice sizthfom . I enrolled to Oxbridge home learning too and trust me you aren’t alone im going thru the same thing, i do a level bio psychology and English lit the PowerPoint lessons are not helpful i use other resources and so many topics are missing in the biology lesson PowerPoints . I have also passed the 14day refund and payed in full im so disappointed .the replies that they give are really vague and they take so long to reply like its so annoying and my tutor for English said she can’t mark essays outside of the ones attached on the website , when English lit a level revision is literally all about practicing essays and you only get 1 end of topic small assignment which isn’t nearly enough .
Deffo isn’t worth the money but trust me you aren’t alone
Speak to your bank. If you paid by card and you’re not getting the service you paid for you could potentially do a chargeback.

Quick Reply

Latest