The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Maths interview

I have a maths interview at york coming up. can anyone who has done the interview before give me some tips and advice on what i shoud expect?
I did mine end of last year its just you go in they asked me a tiny section on my personal statement then gave maths questions, from talking to other applicants and the students leading us about most people dont finish one question. The whole thing is more about selling york than the actual interview tbh
University of York
York
Original post by JellyfishMan_1st
I did mine end of last year its just you go in they asked me a tiny section on my personal statement then gave maths questions, from talking to other applicants and the students leading us about most people dont finish one question. The whole thing is more about selling york than the actual interview tbh

ah ok so there isnt any like crazy maths questions they are gonna ask me lol?
Original post by revo349
ah ok so there isnt any like crazy maths questions they are gonna ask me lol?

Not really I mean I would say the difficulty is probably similar to any mock maths interview you can find on youtube
Original post by username5960539
I have a maths interview at york coming up. can anyone who has done the interview before give me some tips and advice on what i shoud expect?

Hello 🙂 Congratulations on getting through to the interview stage. The university does give some advice here but I'd also add, take a deep breath, relax and try to enjoy the interview. No one is trying to catch you out, all the interviewers are nice people who know what they're doing and it's ok for you to ask questions too. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest