The Student Room Group

Changing degree course and student finance eligibility

I have a question regarding student finance. I'm currently in year 2 of a diagnostic radiography degree but after I finish off this year, I am going to change to the 3 year physiotherapy degree instead as I feel like I'm not currently on the right degree path. My question is will I get the physiotherapy degree fully funded as I am going to be leaving diagnostic radiography at the end of year two and then going into year 1 of physiotherapy and doing the whole 3 years of the degree. Previously I did a nursing degree. Sorry its a lot of information! Would really appreciate any help with this 🙂

Just wanted to add that I said I did a previous nursing degree but I didn't actually finish that as I withdraw towards the end so I don't have an actual nursing degree or any degree for that matter. Just want to change my current degree course I'm on from radiography to physiotherapy if that makes sense. Sorry I'm totally waffling lol.

It's the full time undergrad physiotherapy degree at Canterbury Christ Church uni that I will be going on to.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Bikini&amp
I have a question regarding student finance. I'm currently in year 2 of a diagnostic radiography degree but after I finish off this year, I am going to change to the 3 year physiotherapy degree instead as I feel like I'm not currently on the right degree path. My question is will I get the physiotherapy degree fully funded as I am going to be leaving diagnostic radiography at the end of year two and then going into year 1 of physiotherapy and doing the whole 3 years of the degree. Previously I did a nursing degree. Sorry its a lot of information! Would really appreciate any help with this 🙂

Just wanted to add that I said I did a previous nursing degree but I didn't actually finish that as I withdraw towards the end so I don't have an actual nursing degree or any degree for that matter. Just want to change my current degree course I'm on from radiography to physiotherapy if that makes sense. Sorry I'm totally waffling lol.

It's the full time undergrad physiotherapy degree at Canterbury Christ Church uni that I will be going on to.

Hi there, can you please confirm how many years of the Nursing course you did complete? The Physiotherapy course would be 3 years in length and you've also done 2 years of Diagnostic Radiography. I am unsure if you'd be eligible for any Tuition Fees for the Physiotherapy course due to your previous study.
The way we calculate entitlement is: Length of course + additional year - previous study = years of funding.
From the information we have at the moment your calculation would be: 3 + 1 - 2 = 2 years of Entitlement but we need to confirm how many years you done the Nursing course for. All 3 of the courses are Allied Health Profession (AHP) courses so would be exempt from previous study rules but you only qualify for one additional year of full funding. Once we have confirmation of your years of study for Nursing we will be able to confirm. Thanks, Ross
Hi there, I did the 3 years of the nursing degree but I didn't complete year 3, I withdraw from the degree near the end before completing it. Nursing isn't an Allied health profession but radiography and physiotherapy are.

I was told that as physiotherapy is on the exception list, I would get funding for it as they disregard previous study (I.e disregard the nursing and radiography that ive done) so therefore would have physiotherapy funded but you are all telling me different things.
Original post by Bikini&amp
Hi there, I did the 3 years of the nursing degree but I didn't complete year 3, I withdraw from the degree near the end before completing it. Nursing isn't an Allied health profession but radiography and physiotherapy are.

I was told that as physiotherapy is on the exception list, I would get funding for it as they disregard previous study (I.e disregard the nursing and radiography that ive done) so therefore would have physiotherapy funded but you are all telling me different things.

Hi there, Nursing is an AHP course. Physiotherapy is also an AHP but due to your previous study I don't think you'd be eligible for the Tuition Fee support unfortunately. I'd advise to contact us directly either on Live chat on your online account or by calling 0300 100 0607 so we can fully confirm your eligibility for funding. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending