The Student Room Group

Arkwright Scholarship: Is it worth it?

I am thinking about doing the Arkwright Scholarship alongside A Levels starting Year 12 (next school year). I am currently thinking about taking Computer Science, Maths and Physics. I am filling out the application but I would just like to know if it is worth the extra work. Thank you! Any input from someone who has done/doing the Arkwright Scholarship would be great.
Reply 1
Original post by bilza111
I am thinking about doing the Arkwright Scholarship alongside A Levels starting Year 12 (next school year). I am currently thinking about taking Computer Science, Maths and Physics. I am filling out the application but I would just like to know if it is worth the extra work. Thank you! Any input from someone who has done/doing the Arkwright Scholarship would be great.

im also applying for this years scholarship so i dont have personal experience but from researching the scholarship it does seem worth it! theres lots of opportunities like summer schools and STEM activities and ive heard it looks really good on CVs and UCAS!
Reply 2
im a humanities person so i dont have any experience but my brother did the arkwright scholarship and is now studying engineering at cambridge. defo looks good on ps.
Reply 3
Original post by bilza111

Two friends got one - it is worth it. You get mentored by an eng company/mentor if get one and there are some big names who sponsor. It is known UK-wide, you get money to support your a level studies and money to the schools engineering department. Honestly you have nothing to lose by going for it.

Quick Reply

Latest