The Student Room Group

Arkwright Scholarship 2023

I thought I might as well start this, how many other people on here are going for the scholarship this year, and does anyone know how long it is before we get told if we got an interview?
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me and about 8 people in my year applied for the scholarship. From what I know, you usually get your result in late Feb/early March although I am not 100% certain about this. How did you find the exam and which Qs did you choose?
Reply 2
Original post by KWad
Me and about 8 people in my year applied for the scholarship. From what I know, you usually get your result in late Feb/early March although I am not 100% certain about this. How did you find the exam and which Qs did you choose?

I did 2 and 4 but I really struggled (and I’m grade 8 DT), only 3 other people in my school applied this year. I’ve heard things about it being early march but I’m not too sure either, good luck with your results.
Reply 3
I think I did the same ones as you?(I would describe the Qs but obviously I'm not allowed to). Also, which area of engineering did you target in your application? Good luck to you also btw.
Reply 4
Original post by KWad
I think I did the same ones as you?(I would describe the Qs but obviously I'm not allowed to). Also, which area of engineering did you target in your application? Good luck to you also btw.

I want to get into architecture or car design, but I know a lot about electrics and cam mechanics so I did a lot of this in my exam. What did you do?
Reply 5
Original post by Camey2006
I want to get into architecture or car design, but I know a lot about electrics and cam mechanics so I did a lot of this in my exam. What did you do?

Sounds interesting. What was your project? Was it related to these areas?

I targeted software engineering and my project was a game of Battleships in C#.
Reply 6
If you mean project for the application I put a few different things, my DT NEA project, modifcations to my car (my hobby is off-road driving), and a small mood light I’ve made
Reply 7
good question. I wanna know if I got an interview!! I found the exam hard as I dont do DT or computing gcse 🫣 so do you guys know if its early march results?
I thought I might as well start this, how many other people on here are going for the scholarship this year, and does anyone know how long it is before we get told if we got an interview?
Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
it probably is, as I still havent gotten a reply yet
Reply 9
no I haven't either. hopefully soon
Original post by sbdx
it probably is, as I still havent gotten a reply yet
Looking at old threads it looks like the results were 7-11th March last year, so I would expect it will be this week we hear if its similar to last year.w
Reply 11
If you mean project for the application I put a few different things, my DT NEA project, modifcations to my car (my hobby is off-road driving), and a small mood light I’ve made

Sounds cool
Reply 12
Original post by lgilberto
Looking at old threads it looks like the results were 7-11th March last year, so I would expect it will be this week we hear if its similar to last year.w

If that is the case then good luck lads
I am predicting tomorrow results

Original post by KWad
If that is the case then good luck lads
Reply 14
Good prediction mate! I got an interview! Have you got an email?
Yaaaas I got an interview too!! So gassed
Reply 16
Same!
Gl with your interview!
If I haven't got an email yet, does it means I'm not through? or do they send it over multiple days?
Reply 18
I got an interview!
Gl to you guys
Reply 19
Original post by r8hil94
If I haven't got an email yet, does it means I'm not through? or do they send it over multiple days?

No they send an email to say if you don’t get through

Quick Reply

Latest