The Student Room Group

Can I, a 18F date a 20M?

I recently have met a guy from snapchat who takes a clear interest in me & I take interest in him, we’re not too far in age but I’m also 6 months pregnant and, my baby's father is NOT in the picture (not bc he left me but I left him due to his lying and cheating). This new man I’ve met accepts me and my son and wants to help me by being a father to my son. He wants to marry me, start a family and wants me to be with him and stay with him in SC & I’m in NY, so he wants to drive to get me and bring me to his place and then we would move to TX like I wanted. He’s already told his mom about me and she’s excited to meet me & he says she already loves me and my baby even though she’s not met us both. But she went through the similar situation of getting pregnant at 18 like me. They are both very accepting but I don’t know if this is right and I really love him and I wanna be with him because he treats me very nicely.
Reply 1
Have you actually met him in person or has it been all online chat?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Have you actually met him in person or has it been all online chat?

He’s coming to see me in the next couple of days
Reply 3
Original post by saibrooki
He’s coming to see me in the next couple of days

If you've never met, the pair of you are going totally overboard with all the declarations of love and marriage and living together. How does he 'treat you nicely' when he's only online? All he does is give you words.

I sympathise that you are alone with the pregnancy, but please don't have your head turned by by this guy and rush into things. Date, get to know him properly and make sure he is genuine, and his mother!
Reply 4
thank you for the help, I really appreciate it 🤍
Reply 5
Original post by saibrooki
thank you for the help, I really appreciate it 🤍

Do you have anyone else you already know to support you? Any family members, friends, have you had the right medical checks? I'm just concerned that you are on your own and allowing yourself to be manipulated by the first person who sounds like he cares.

If you do meet him, do it safely; in a public place, let someone know where you are going, maybe take a friend with you, even if they just sit nearby. Make sure you have your own method of getting home and leave if you are uncomfortable; he doesn't have to see where you live this early on by offering a lift.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending