The Student Room Group

Am I overthinking things

I (20M) need advice with Emily (19F)

So for context I'm a 20 year old male. Last Saturday I met with this girl Emily (19F). I've never been in a relationship and I'm still a virgin. We kissed and snuggled the whole night with Emily.

Now, I think Emily wants a long term relationship. I think I want that too. But I fear that because I haven't been with anyone else, if I enter this relationship now, I'm going to feel stuck because I've literally never tried anything with anyone else. We've known each other with Emily for 4 years but we haven't met in like 3 and it didn't occur to me that she was attracted to me until last weekend.

I was planning on meeting with another girl named Marie (21F) this weekend. I want to meet her, but I'm afraid of breakingy trust with Emily if I do that. I'd have to tell Emily at some point because I want to be honest with her.

There's also this other girl, Kim (20F) that wants to meet me. It poses the same problem.

I've wanted to start trying things out before but never got the chance because I live with my parents and there's always someone in my house.

So how and is it possible to tell Emily that I want to be with her, just not now? Or am I overthinking things and should I just get on with Emily? We've only seen once and haven't talked about being in a relationship but I feel like I'll still break her trust if I fool with other girls

Ask any questions if you need more info, I need someone wiser to give me their perspective about this. And I feel like a teenager writing this.
Reply 1
Getting with Emily is too soon, u've barely see or talk about personal, relationships.maybe tell that u want to get to know her more then get into the relationship if u are a match. Also tell Emily that u want to talk to other girls, because u to are still not in a relationship so it okay to get to know other people. Make sure u tell her, u don't want her to found out on her own or someone else tell her. I hope u sort out ur issues.
Reply 2
Original post by Mlfadvc
Now, I think Emily wants a long term relationship.

So you've snogged a girl without getting to know her AND with other girls waiting in the wings. So haven't you broken trust with Marie and Kim by meeting up with Emily?

Honestly, this all comes over as immature and desperate to get with a girl. What's wrong with dating one person at a time and giving them proper attention to get to know them? How do you even know Marie and Kim?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending