The Student Room Group

I hate my boyfriends body count

Hi, I’m a 18F and my boyfriend is 19M. We’ve been dating for about 7/8 months now and he is the sweetest guy ever. He’s attentive, loving, generous, and overall just an amazing guy. I can’t think of one thing about him that I don’t love.

I’m a pretty insecure person at the best of times - I don’t think I’m particularly beautiful or even very good looking. I tend to compare myself to people a lot, and I know that’s my own issue and no one else’s, but that’s just the way I am.

I have a body count of 4 and my boyfriends is over 10, although he won’t tell me exactly how many. He has told me the names of some of the girls and I know them, which just makes it so much more worse.

I see them around our town all the time and they’re so gorgeous, everything I wish I was and sometimes I wonder why my boyfriend chose ME out of all these girls he literally could’ve had.

I know I’m not exactly the Virgin Mary either but all of the people I’ve slept with have been either people I’ve dated or talked to, whereas my boyfriend has engaged in a lot of casual sex/hookups/one night stands. He’s had one other relationship before me.

Idk, I know a lot of this is my own issue, and my own insecurities, but I just hate knowing who these people are, seeing them around my town, especially when I’m with my boyfriend and they see us and I know they know what he looks like naked!!! I just hate it!!

Is there any way I can move past this? I love my boyfriend to bits and I wouldn’t wanna date anyone other than him, I just hate how insecure I get.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I’m a 18F and my boyfriend is 19M. We’ve been dating for about 7/8 months now and he is the sweetest guy ever. He’s attentive, loving, generous, and overall just an amazing guy. I can’t think of one thing about him that I don’t love.

I’m a pretty insecure person at the best of times - I don’t think I’m particularly beautiful or even very good looking. I tend to compare myself to people a lot, and I know that’s my own issue and no one else’s, but that’s just the way I am.

I have a body count of 4 and my boyfriends is over 10, although he won’t tell me exactly how many. He has told me the names of some of the girls and I know them, which just makes it so much more worse.

I see them around our town all the time and they’re so gorgeous, everything I wish I was and sometimes I wonder why my boyfriend chose ME out of all these girls he literally could’ve had.

I know I’m not exactly the Virgin Mary either but all of the people I’ve slept with have been either people I’ve dated or talked to, whereas my boyfriend has engaged in a lot of casual sex/hookups/one night stands. He’s had one other relationship before me.

Idk, I know a lot of this is my own issue, and my own insecurities, but I just hate knowing who these people are, seeing them around my town, especially when I’m with my boyfriend and they see us and I know they know what he looks like naked!!! I just hate it!!

Is there any way I can move past this? I love my boyfriend to bits and I wouldn’t wanna date anyone other than him, I just hate how insecure I get.

Hi there!

I think you should focus on the fact that the instances in the past to him were meaningless, and to be in a relationship requires an emotional connection which clearly he does not have with anyone else. You have chosen each other for a reason and I am sure that he thinks of you so much more positively than anyone else he has been with casually.

I hope everything works out okay for you both :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Rachel_ysj
Hi there!

I think you should focus on the fact that the instances in the past to him were meaningless, and to be in a relationship requires an emotional connection which clearly he does not have with anyone else. You have chosen each other for a reason and I am sure that he thinks of you so much more positively than anyone else he has been with casually.

I hope everything works out okay for you both :smile:

Thank you, this does actually make me feel a lot better. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending