The Student Room Group

is this relationship over?

i (18F) have been with my bf (23M) for a few months now, but our relationship has lost its spark it seems.

he always seems disinterested in me and responds with one words replies most days. like when we call ill talk about what interests me but it seems like hes not really listening or he will interrupt me to say smth dumb. he says its because his job drains him which i understand but still. i know he loves me, as he travels 6hrs to see me when he has the time. but it also hurts how dry we have become.

ive been concerned with the future of our relationship as he also keeps pestering me for sex, even tho i tell him no.
Original post by Anonymous #1
i (18F) have been with my bf (23M) for a few months now, but our relationship has lost its spark it seems.

he always seems disinterested in me and responds with one words replies most days. like when we call ill talk about what interests me but it seems like hes not really listening or he will interrupt me to say smth dumb. he says its because his job drains him which i understand but still. i know he loves me, as he travels 6hrs to see me when he has the time. but it also hurts how dry we have become.

ive been concerned with the future of our relationship as he also keeps pestering me for sex, even tho i tell him no.

Pestering you for sex, so he’s reluctant to communicate and listen yet he has the time for sex don’t you think he’s using you here?
Original post by Anonymous #1

In all honesty, to me, it sounds like he’s just after the one thing and one thing only. 18 and 25 still have huge mental maturity differences as the frontal cortex is not fully developed until 23-25.

He is not willing to listen to you and it is still early days, your relationship will only dwindle further. Where did you meet this guy / how did you end up getting together?

I’d personally get out of this and find someone who cares more about you for you.
He’s playing with you here what boyfriend is he he don’t love you…
Pestering your for sex and not listening to your interests implies he only wants one thing. His job drains him is pretty lame excuse and traveling 6 hours (while a long way and nice of him to do) is no protestation of love. However if I'd travelled 6 hours to see my partner and didn't get sex at the end I'd be miffed too. You need to talk to him ask him where this is going and what he really wants out of this relationship. A 6 hour journey is a long way to go if its just sex but if its not he has to make more effort.
Travelling for 6 hours would imply like the showering of affection and love, the desire of wanting to see one and other, spending quality time with each other. His job isn’t the cause behind the duration of travel to see you in fact in his head he should prioritise you to heart be jumping to joy and looking forward, excited to see you but his excuse is work, pestering you for sex when he can’t respond to anything you have address any concerns implies that he’s a player and he’s just using you for sex and doesn’t give a sheet about you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending