The Student Room Group

Part time job

Guys so I got my first proper part time job and not long after my manager kinda started to harass me, he would often look at what I was doing on the cameras, tell guys off for talking to me and much more. Because he’s the manager I don’t feel as thought I can do much as they’re not going to fire the manager. I have been feeling stressed on a whole other level. HR said it looks ‘friendly’ and didn’t do much help what do we young girls in the work place do when dealing with these situations
Original post by _Anonymous123_
Guys so I got my first proper part time job and not long after my manager kinda started to harass me, he would often look at what I was doing on the cameras, tell guys off for talking to me and much more. Because he’s the manager I don’t feel as thought I can do much as they’re not going to fire the manager. I have been feeling stressed on a whole other level. HR said it looks ‘friendly’ and didn’t do much help what do we young girls in the work place do when dealing with these situations

The watching on the cameras could be innocent (they may need to watch what goes on in the place of work etc for whatever reason, thats why the cameras are there). But telling people off for speaking to you isnt right. Is that deffo happening?
Is it a big company you work for or a smaller one?
If its a bigger company with someone higher up then it might be worth finding out who to speak to higher up about it if it carries on.
In the meantime if it keeps on happening, id start looking for a new job.
Original post by Emma:-)
The watching on the cameras could be innocent (they may need to watch what goes on in the place of work etc for whatever reason, thats why the cameras are there). But telling people off for speaking to you isnt right. Is that deffo happening?
Is it a big company you work for or a smaller one?
If its a bigger company with someone higher up then it might be worth finding out who to speak to higher up about it if it carries on.
In the meantime if it keeps on happening, id start looking for a new job.

He would take pictures on the cameras and send it to what co workers asking if everything was alright just because they were simply around me whilst working. He would ask to meet outside of work. He has been slandering me to my other coworkers. I had to finally block him as he would call me at 4/5 in the morning asking to see me without my headscarf, which I thought was more than inappropriate. He fired me soon after without any proper reason. What worries me the most is since I have left he has started to now harass another employee. Forcibly trying to drop her home or has been issuing shifts to whatever suits him
He would take pictures on the cameras and send it to what co workers asking if everything was alright just because they were simply around me whilst working. He would ask to meet outside of work. He has been slandering me to my other coworkers. I had to finally block him as he would call me at 4/5 in the morning asking to see me without my headscarf, which I thought was more than inappropriate. He fired me soon after without any proper reason. What worries me the most is since I have left he has started to now harass another employee. Forcibly trying to drop her home or has been issuing shifts to whatever suits him

In that case id consider reporting him to the police.
If both you and this other employee has had stuff happen then id both report it to HR. If several people are reporting it then it looks more serious than if just one person is reporting it.
When I told HR they told me it just seemed ‘friendly’ 😕 but he needs to be stopped. I’m afraid if we were to tell the police they wouldn’t take us seriously
When I told HR they told me it just seemed ‘friendly’ 😕 but he needs to be stopped. I’m afraid if we were to tell the police they wouldn’t take us seriously

Submit an online report now. It means it’s been recorded and if he does something serious then there’s additional evidence.
Original post by Bolognacoffee
Submit an online report now. It means it’s been recorded and if he does something serious then there’s additional evidence.

Ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending