The Student Room Group

How to know if a girl is single or not?

Title. What are the signs that a girl is taken? I don't usually see her around campus so I can't really tell if she was with another guy or not, but she does text someone a few times in the lesson and this made me wonder.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Title. What are the signs that a girl is taken? I don't usually see her around campus so I can't really tell if she was with another guy or not, but she does text someone a few times in the lesson and this made me wonder.

Are you guys close or do you just admire her from a far? Try get to know her a bit more, I’m sure she’d tell you if you managed to talk to her a bit. Most girls bring up their boyfriends quite soon after you start becoming friendly with someone, most post their boyfriends on their socials too 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by greentiger
Are you guys close or do you just admire her from a far? Try get to know her a bit more, I’m sure she’d tell you if you managed to talk to her a bit. Most girls bring up their boyfriends quite soon after you start becoming friendly with someone, most post their boyfriends on their socials too 🙂

Yeah we sit next to each other in class and talk a lot during lesson. She hasn't brought it up yet, but I'm just asking because I know she was texting a guy (from what the bitmoji looked like). Could just be a friend but gets me paranoid when it's like this..
Reply 3
The question is also if she is interested in a relationship with you. You need to find an opportunity to exchange a smile, get chatting and understand the lie of the land
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
The question is also if she is interested in a relationship with you. You need to find an opportunity to exchange a smile, get chatting and understand the lie of the land

Yeah I know, and we have been. I know it's hard to tell signs and indicators of interest, especially with an outgoing talkative girl, but she seems to enjoy talking to me as she smiles a lot and holds eye contact and occasionally touches me by accident with a bit of playful verbal teasing / banter. But all of this could be misinterpreted if she does have a boyfriend and it's not just a friend etc.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
Yeah I know, and we have been. I know it's hard to tell signs and indicators of interest, especially with an outgoing talkative girl, but she seems to enjoy talking to me as she smiles a lot and holds eye contact and occasionally touches me by accident with a bit of playful verbal teasing / banter. But all of this could be misinterpreted if she does have a boyfriend and it's not just a friend etc.

Sounds positive, maybe invite her to a group event. Or make a flirtatious quip that her boyfriend is a lucky guy
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
Sounds positive, maybe invite her to a group event. Or make a flirtatious quip that her boyfriend is a lucky guy

Possible, yeah. We've only been sat together in class for a few weeks so it's still relatively new. I think the second point might be a bit too obvious that I'm trying not to be direct, but idk - it's hard not to make things awkward when you're sat next to her otherwise it wouldn't be as bad being more direct but right now it's all plausible deniability :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending