The Student Room Group

Why do people ask a girl why are you single if you are beautiful?

Original post by Anonymous

I suppose the people who ask that question just like to assume that all girls don't want to be single, and they also assume that a beautiful girl could easily find a partner if she wanted one. Assumptions, assumptions..
Reply 2
Agree it’s often pretentious, asking someone to justify something where is not your business, ignoring that they may choose to be single and implying there must be something wrong with them if they don’t have a partner. This can be a flirting line though, that might be well received if they are interested
Because they see a pretty girl and assume she is already taken. They think you're pretty, so of course every other man on the planet must too! They tend to forget that people go through break-ups, spend time single, date again, etc. Or abstain from that altogether.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

There is a girl I know who is beautiful, but she doesn't believe it in the slightest because of insecurities with her skin and because of that and other reasons has not had much success with men. When we talk about that she always says it's because she's ugly, but in reality she is not single because of her looks. She has given up with dating for now but I absolutely believe she will find someone - even in the year I've known her she's become so much more confident. Anyway, the point is that sometimes it really is surprising someone is single. I do not know the context of your situation. You might have been talking to someone about relationships and they can't believe you are single, but I don't know for sure. If you want to explain further feel free; I think I can give you advice. If you have made it clear that you would like a relationship as my friend had done in the past (and as I do) but it's surprising, I think it's a generally innocent comment. As said above by other users though, it could be less innocent but we don't have the information to know that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending