The Student Room Group

Any current mental health nursing students?

I’ve got a place at Sheffield Hallam starting in September. Just wondering how you’re finding the course, where abouts have your placements been, how much have you enjoyed placement or what youve not enjoyed? Really looking forward to September, can’t wait to get started
Reply 1
Original post by Tonilou04
I’ve got a place at Sheffield Hallam starting in September. Just wondering how you’re finding the course, where abouts have your placements been, how much have you enjoyed placement or what youve not enjoyed? Really looking forward to September, can’t wait to get started

Im not at sheffield, but i am a second year mental health student and i love it. Dont get me wrong its hard mentally and physically, but certainly on placement it can be so rewarding.
My uni does 2 placements a year, and first year i had a residential home for older adults with functioning mental health (alot of bipolar and schizophrenia) then i had acute mixed ward inpatient. This year iv had CMHT then weve just found out our next placement and im with the triage and assessment team.

But some people have had placements in perinatal, forensic mdntal health, memory assessments, drug and alcohol charities, mh liason in hospital...

Its hard but worth it.
Reply 2
Original post by PonchoKid

Im not at sheffield, but i am a second year mental health student and i love it. Dont get me wrong its hard mentally and physically, but certainly on placement it can be so rewarding.
My uni does 2 placements a year, and first year i had a residential home for older adults with functioning mental health (alot of bipolar and schizophrenia) then i had acute mixed ward inpatient. This year iv had CMHT then weve just found out our next placement and im with the triage and assessment team.

But some people have had placements in perinatal, forensic mdntal health, memory assessments, drug and alcohol charities, mh liason in hospital...

Its hard but worth it.

Thanks for your reply. I’m glad you’re enjoying it so much. I genuinely can’t wait to get started but September is forever away 😂 I’m sure I’ll fly by like it normally does

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending