The Student Room Group

US Mid-year Transcript (US APP)

I've been told that the Mid-Year transcript will make up a significant portion of my US application given that I've waived my SAT. In my first set of A2 mocks this year I got an AABD/A*A*A*A*.
I hoped to improve upon these grades in the next set of mocks getting an A*A*AAB/A*A*A*A*A*. Thing is I was off an A in my maths mock by 2 raw marks out of 120. I've tried to have it remarked by teachers, to see if I could raise it to an A, to no avail. As much as that might seem minor, I spoke to Dad, who himself teaches in a top American school, and he said Ds and Bs were nails in the coffin for these types of institutions.
Is there anything I can do?
I asked if I could sit another mock again but teachers have said it would be too much work for them to organise. I'm pretty sure I could sit another mock examination in my previous state school but would my current school counsellor be able to add it to my transcript?
Alternatively, is there anywhere on the mid-year transcript that the school counsellor could stress the difficulty of these mocks in comparison to other schools?
Thanks so much for reading and your help ))
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've been told that the Mid-Year transcript will make up a significant portion of my US application given that I've waived my SAT. In my first set of A2 mocks this year I got an AABD/A*A*A*A*.
I hoped to improve upon these grades in the next set of mocks getting an A*A*AAB/A*A*A*A*A*. Thing is I was off an A in my maths mock by 2 raw marks out of 120. I've tried to have it remarked by teachers, to see if I could raise it to an A, to no avail. As much as that might seem minor, I spoke to Dad, who himself teaches in a top American school, and he said Ds and Bs were nails in the coffin for these types of institutions.
Is there anything I can do?
I asked if I could sit another mock again but teachers have said it would be too much work for them to organise. I'm pretty sure I could sit another mock examination in my previous state school but would my current school counsellor be able to add it to my transcript?
Alternatively, is there anywhere on the mid-year transcript that the school counsellor could stress the difficulty of these mocks in comparison to other schools?
Thanks so much for reading and your help ))

Hey you've probably already submitted your transcript but i wanted to stress that your initial predicted grades are the equivalent of a mid year transcript. Just ensure you contact your schools and tell them this and they'll most likely understand

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending