The Student Room Group

Graduation

Me and my friend want to share a graduation gown, his ceremony starts at 9:15 and mine 3:15. How long do you get given before you need to return the gown, as we don't want to pay extra costs which will make it more expensive?
Original post by guspeppr
Me and my friend want to share a graduation gown, his ceremony starts at 9:15 and mine 3:15. How long do you get given before you need to return the gown, as we don't want to pay extra costs which will make it more expensive?

You will need to ask whoever is supplying the gowns.
Will you have identical colours too?
Reply 3
Original post by Catherine1973
Will you have identical colours too?

Yes we will
Reply 4
It depends on the gown provider’s terms.
I know that Brighton used to issue gowns for the morning or afternoon.
Their ceremonies were strictly split am/pm

Other unis have an “all day” system.
Reply 5
Original post by domonict
It depends on the gown provider’s terms.
I know that Brighton used to issue gowns for the morning or afternoon.
Their ceremonies were strictly split am/pm

Other unis have an “all day” system.

We're at Leeds university, do you have any clue what they are cause it hasn't said anywhere.
Reply 6
Have you tried Churchill Gowns? Their rental period is 5 days so you could easily share and they do the gowns for loads of unis.
Reply 7
Your uni Grad office should tell you the gown company. Ask them about times.
Your contract is probably direct to the company. The Uni will be getting a percentage back from the company
Be careful about the phrasing of the question to the company and keep a copy in print. Just ask about the length of the hire period. They don’t need to know that you are splitting the hire (assuming the gowns are the same) Many graduations have 1000 students and need the gowns back after lunch for another 1000. Otherwise they require 2000 gowns. Obviously there are spares but the logistics are worked out carefully.
You might think that a short hire period is stingy, but at the end of the day, if they need twice as many gowns, somebody is paying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending