The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Applying to university of edinburgh

I am predicted an A in physics and a B in maths (retake) and already have a A in german and C in maths, english, business.

I am Interested in applying to the university of edinburgh for a bachelor in mechanical engineering, however I don't know if i should keep it as one of my choices since my chance of getting in is slim.

The required grades are AAA-ABB. However, ABB is for contextual offers and it says on the website that I need a AAA or higher in order to be competitive.

I have been struggling with my mental health and my referee has mentioned this in the reference but I don't know if that will really make an impact on my chances. I have also heard that they are more lenient with international students but don't know if that is true.

Is there any chance they would accept me or should I look somewhere else?
(edited 3 months ago)
Apply!!!! i know people who got in with Ds and/or Cs when the grade requirement was As and Bs. I dont know if youre scottish or not, but if you are make sure you try and see if you can apply for top up if its not too late, as that will help a lot. If not, see if theres an equivalent for your area, because this kibd of thing gives you access to contextual offers and also just more of a chance of getting in. Other than that, i definitely think you should apply, make sure you have a super strong personal statement, and regarding your mental health, thats also an advantage in terms of them accepting your offer hopefully. Good luck!!!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
also your predicted grades are good, so it should be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending