The Student Room Group

Should i pick econ at Edinburgh Vs Exeter??

this is my 5th choice for uni - my aspirational choice. I have A*A*A predicted (but most likely going to get A*AA - AAA). both these unis are well ranked, nice city that i like, A*AA, and good accommodation (but expensive but there's nothing i can do about that) both are also pretty far from home (im from west mids)

Edinburgh is an integrated masters (4 years) which is also a plus, with the year abroad being part of 3rd year, this makes it very appealing. But i'm scared most of the nightlife is just pubs (near where the uni is) and the clubs seem to be further. Id much prefer good nightlife and clubs over going to a pub. And there also seems to be a large amounts of tourists - in a massive city, which may be too big for me. Also ( i know this shouldn't be a massive factor) but alot of my friends and my boyfreind really want to go to Edinburgh so this also contributes.

Exeter has always been a "dream" uni for me, the city is very pretty and calm (relatively to other cities). Its a much smaller city (pros and cons to this), to anywhere i'm applying and it's really not known for it's nightlife. But i've just always thought i'd apply there, plus i can also take a year out and Exeter do have a few balls which i think would be really cool to attend.

i just need some external opinions about this!!
Why not take out one of your least preferred safer choices and add both aspirational choices?

Edinburgh is far more selective that English universities due to the way they’re funded so it’s a much riskier choice than Exeter - I wouldn’t recommend having just one aspirational choice if that choice is a Scottish university.
@PQ Is the Edinburgh course an "integrated masters"?
Reply 3
In my opinion Edinburgh would be more reputable than Exeter. However, there is likely a higher chance to get into Exeter than Edinburgh. It is a hard university to get into, especially if you're not a Scottish or International student.

Sounds like you're more keen on Exeter. I agree with the earlier poster - Edinburgh should not be the only aspirational university you apply to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending