The Student Room Group

Getting pooled by Cambridge

I recently got pooled by another college in Cambridge and got an offer. Even though I'm really happy I got an offer, I can't help but feel like I got lucky or don't deserve it as I applied to a mature college that's not very competitive and getting pooled by them really makes it seem like I don't deserve a place. I'm not looking for any encouragement but if anyone has any advice, I'd be really grateful
Reply 1
are mature colleges really less competitive? and the truth is no one deserves a place at cambridge until they do the courses and get the grades your work ethic then is what matters the most.
Reply 2
you deserve it - don't read too deeply into the whole pooling system as it is largely a logistical measure to ensure as many deserving applicants as possible get a place. if they didn't want you there they simply would have rejected you! even if your college maybe wasn't as over-subscribed as others its possible that your specific course had a lot of really strong applicants this year and so had more offers they wanted to give than places available. most people who get pooled get rejected - the point of the pool is to ensure the strongest applicants aren't disadvantaged by college choice, and that is you. if you get pooled and your application isn't up to the general standard of offer holders across the university, they would just reject you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending