The Student Room Group

A levels?

Can u do A levels with a C in GCSE math? I'm wondering how difficult and should I just go back over GCSE math In order to understand Math A levels.
Alevel maths is all about practising and going over questions. As long as you're prepared to spend (a lot) more time than others getting to grips with the content I don’t see why you couldn’t. It might be difficult but it is very interesting stuff!
Original post by fox473
I think you can as long as you work hard and practise a lot
Although I thjnk you do need a natural talent for maths if you are planning on doing really well, as you need strong problem solvijg skills and cannot rely on memorising methods

Nah, you don’t gotta have natural talent, just the determination and resilience to get a good grade. Why do you have to put people down for no reason? HARD WORK BEATS NATURAL TALENT ANYDAY OF THE F………… week
Reply 3
Original post by Whatoh1
Can u do A levels with a C in GCSE math? I'm wondering how difficult and should I just go back over GCSE math In order to understand Math A levels.

I do think some of the year 2 content could be quite difficult but in my opinion the year one stuff is not conceptually mind bending or hard to come to grips with. With practice you could definitely do well in those questions. However, i think it’s worth asking yourself why you got a C in math - is it because you didnt like it so didnt revise enough ? In this case i would say dont go for it because at a level, it’s like doing math gcse but x4 the amount of math so you have to really love it. Or is it because you just didnt want to / had other things going on ? It sounds weird but that’s actually a good thing because it means theres a big scope for improvement if you’re willing to put the effort in. I do think it’s a good idea to go back over gcse math because a lot of the content takes for granted that you already know the basics that you learnt for gcse. I would also have a talk with your teachers because at the end of the day they know your ability best (unless of course they’re terrible teachers in which case ignore). Good luck!! I’m sure you’ll do very well regardless. Some people get an a* at gcse and get over confident and dont do well, you thinking about this shows that you’re being proactive which is the most important thing.

Quick Reply

Latest