The Student Room Group

Paralegal Work Experience

Hello,

I hope you are well there’s an ongoing opportunity going on at the university that I have a family member attend to to gain some Paralegal Work Experience and learning more around Family Law. Does anyone have any advice to how a compelling cover letter can be written for this opportunity and any examples please particularly to how to outline an interest in Family Law across.

Thank you

:smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Mohammed_80
Hello,

I hope you are well there’s an ongoing opportunity going on at the university that I have a family member attend to to gain some Paralegal Work Experience and learning more around Family Law. Does anyone have any advice to how a compelling cover letter can be written for this opportunity and any examples please particularly to how to outline an interest in Family Law across.

Thank you

:smile:

Hi @Mohammed_80,

What you need to get across in the letter is:
Why you want to have the opportunity. (is it for a future career of this nature or another in law?)
Why you want to do this particular opportunity (do you like the firm it is with, what do you like about family law etc)
Demonstrate that you know something about family law (the interactions with people, the nature of the cases etc.)
Demonstrate you will be good at this opportunity (what skills do you have etc.)

Of course, this is just a pointer in the right direction and there is no set answers how to go about tasks of this nature. However, I have always adopted this method when applying for similar things and have, overall, been quite successful as a result.

I hope this helps and good luck 🙂

Sophie
Original post by UniofLaw Student
Hi @Mohammed_80,

Why you want to have the opportunity. (is it for a future career of this nature or another in law?)
Why you want to do this particular opportunity (do you like the firm it is with, what do you like about family law etc)
Demonstrate that you know something about family law (the interactions with people, the nature of the cases etc.)

Of course, this is just a pointer in the right direction and there is no set answers how to go about tasks of this nature. However, I have always adopted this method when applying for similar things and have, overall, been quite successful as a result.

Sophie

Thank you Sophie just wondering if you had any examples or sample templates to get started
Hi @Mohammed_80,

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

I hope you are well just wanted to post an update to their application so my family member application has gone onto the next stage which is a zoom call any advice to how to prepare/practice what to expect for the zoom call.

Thank you

Mohammed :smile:
Original post by Mohammed_80
Hi Sophie,

I hope you are well just wanted to post an update to their application so my family member application has gone onto the next stage which is a zoom call any advice to how to prepare/practice what to expect for the zoom call.

Thank you

Mohammed :smile:

Hi @Mohammed_80,

Sorry for not replying to your previous message (I somehow missed it)!

Well done on getting through to the next stage! 🙂

I would say that the best way to prepare is make sure you understand everything about what you are applying for, so that when they ask you why or what would you be looking forward to, you have an answer. I would then also make sure you know your written application really well as often they will draw on questions from this and it would look a little silly if you couldn't remember what you had written!

Other than that, I would just say be confident, calm and show them why you would be the best fit for their opportunity.

Good luck!

Sophie
Hi @Mohammed_80,

Sorry for not replying to your previous message (I somehow missed it)!

Well done on getting through to the next stage! 🙂

I would say that the best way to prepare is make sure you understand everything about what you are applying for, so that when they ask you why or what would you be looking forward to, you have an answer. I would then also make sure you know your written application really well as often they will draw on questions from this and it would look a little silly if you couldn't remember what you had written!

Other than that, I would just say be confident, calm and show them why you would be the best fit for their opportunity.

Good luck!

Sophie

Hello Sophie it’s okay and thank you very much do you have some sample questions they may ask or…?
Original post by username5955039
Hello Sophie it’s okay and thank you very much do you have some sample questions they may ask or…?

Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not as there could be a wealth of directions that the interview is taken in. I would say try not to focus too much on the specifics they ask but think about what you have done in your life which may show transferrable skills and comb over that written application 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending