The Student Room Group

I'm missing out on sm

I'm 18, never dated anyone, never had a talking stage with anyone. Last time I had a crush on someone was when i was 12. I find people attractive but it takes me time to feel comfortable around someone but by the time i am comfortable, they have given up.
I'm not totally ugly, i think im decent/average girl in school when it comes to looks. The only thing i can think of is my height because im 5'11 but then again, there are tall girls in my year who are my height or taller who are all in relationships so idk.
I'm quite introverted and i don't hate that about myself but it seems like everyone around me isnt one and thats why everyone knows everyone.
I know relationships arent all that but then again i feel like they kinda are. I feel so worthless and lonely when i hear people talking about their partners or people they like. I just want to experience something even if it does end in heart break. I can never see myself falling in love or anyone falling in love with me and i hate that. I don't feel human
Should i just accept the fact that i'm going to be single for ever? As a hopeless romantic, that hurts to say but with no love in site at the age of 18, im losing hope. Everyone seems to have holden hands, kissed or even have a messy situation ship. I just want to experience some sort of love.
I was in the same situation as you, there's no need to worry just yet as you're still 18 and have your whole life ahead of you. It's definitely a bit upsetting sometimes to think no one likes you in that way but then you probably haven't met the right person yet. Maybe try and meet people while doing a hobby, in that way you'll both most likely have some similar interests. Good luck, I hope you find someone who loves you! :smile:
There's never really any such thing as 'comfortable' here, it doesn't just happen and these things take a bit of daring and putting yourself out there.

'Waiting to feel comfortable' could be another way of saying, 'Waiting till the urge or crush has passed so I don't have to find the courage to speak up or risk rejection'
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort
There's never really any such thing as 'comfortable' here, it doesn't just happen and these things take a bit of daring and putting yourself out there.

'Waiting to feel comfortable' could be another way of saying, 'Waiting till the urge or crush has passed so I don't have to find the courage to speak up or risk rejection'

i know that it just doesnt happen magically but by comfort i mean, it takes a while to act like myself Infront of others bc im scared of what they would think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending