The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL changing courses

I'm going to be doing anthoropology at UCL but I really want to change my course to neuroscience. The only problem is I haven't done A-level chemistry.

I have done maths, psych, Econ, geo.

Do you think they'll let me transfer?
Reply 1
The course details does stipulate that chemistry is "required". Therefore, my suspicion is that they may not allow you to change your course. This stipulation implies that the course has a significant amount of chemistry and it may be unsuitable for applicants lacking chemistry knowledge. However, I think your best bet is to contact the admissions department that Neuroscience falls under and make a query, so that you get a better idea of where you stand.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by randome55
I'm going to be doing anthoropology at UCL but I really want to change my course to neuroscience. The only problem is I haven't done A-level chemistry.

I have done maths, psych, Econ, geo.

Do you think they'll let me transfer?

You can't transfer into a course you don't meet the requirements for. It's not even guaranteed you can transfer into a course you do meet the requirements for.

Note that psychology at UCL is very neuroscience heavy so if your interest is in that area you may want to approach them to see if you can change into psychology which may match your interests and which I believe you would meet the requirements for. However it's a very popular course so there's a good chance they can't facilitate a swap. I've also heard the psychology department has some major issues with student support, incidentally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending