The Student Room Group

any advice for GCSE AQA german writing?

some people may know that you have to write a 150 word paragraph for the german writing higher tier paper in AQA, and i've been struggling to come up with some good sentences for it.

if anyone has some good sentence starters that would work in many contexts, it'd be great if you could drop them here!
Reply 1
Original post by maveline
some people may know that you have to write a 150 word paragraph for the german writing higher tier paper in AQA, and i've been struggling to come up with some good sentences for it.

if anyone has some good sentence starters that would work in many contexts, it'd be great if you could drop them here!

hopefully some of these will help, and because a few require a little shift of word order, they should be classed as complex sentences?

Im Vergleich zu... (in comparison to)
Im Gegensatz zu... (in contrast to)
meiner Meinung nach... (in my opinion)
alles in allem... (all in all)
Zusammenfassend... (in conclusion/summary)
Nicht nur... sondern auch... (not only... but also...)
jedoch / allerdings (however)
obwohl (although)
Reply 2
Original post by r0na
Original post by maveline

hopefully some of these will help, and because a few require a little shift of word order, they should be classed as complex sentences?

Im Vergleich zu... (in comparison to)
Im Gegensatz zu... (in contrast to)
meiner Meinung nach... (in my opinion)
alles in allem... (all in all)
Zusammenfassend... (in conclusion/summary)
Nicht nur... sondern auch... (not only... but also...)
jedoch / allerdings (however)
obwohl (although)

thanks a bunch!! i'll keep these in mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending