The Student Room Group

help

i have gcses in 3 months and i need to finish the bio and chem syllabus. ya think i can do it lmao
Original post by alaaeppis
i have gcses in 3 months and i need to finish the bio and chem syllabus. ya think i can do it lmao

Yes you certainly can.
Original post by alaaeppis

Hi @alaaeppis,

I think you can accomplish plenty within three months if you spend your time effectively. I was in a similar position to you as well, trying to speed run through all my science subjects. Something that helped my in particular was working alongside the specification points. I pretty much devised a revision schedule according to the spec points, working down the topics and bullet points.

The specification is super useful because it tells you exactly what you need to know for your exam. Which diagrams, what definitions, any processes and mechanisms are all explicitly pointed out in your spec points. My goal was to cover all the bullet points under one topic for each subject per day.

I would make and refine any exiting notes by reading my textbook or online resources, then try the blurting method. You can read up more on blurting here: https://bit.ly/3uCzvZl. Anything that I figured would be difficult for me to memorise, I would jot down as a flashcard to look back at (I did this a lot for biology). Lastly, would attempt past paper questions for the topics I learnt that day (topical past papers). I wouldn't attempt a full past paper as it would discourage me when I came across questions for topics I had forgotten. Topical past papers contain questions for topics you covered that day, which further engrained the knowledge into my brain.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest