The Student Room Group

GCSE revision

There are only like 3 months left until I do my GCSEs and I don't really know how to revise everything until then especially cuz I'm not really an organised person (as much as I wanna be) . I REALLY need revision tips so if anyone could help I'd appreciate it 😭

btw I'm doing:
Triple science
Maths
English Language
CS
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Scarlettt_77
There are only like 3 months left until I do my GCSEs and I don't really know how to revise everything until then especially cuz I'm not really an organised person (as much as I wanna be) . I REALLY need revision tips so if anyone could help I'd appreciate it 😭

btw I'm doing:
Triple science
Maths
English Language
CS

Hi @Scarlettt_77,

Three months can be a game changer if you use that time wisely and effectively, I was also in a similar position to you back when I did my A-Levels- but this was how I went about it:

For my science subjects, I revised everything from the beginning by following the specification points. I think many students overlook the spec points, but it helped navigate my revision so much. The spec points tell you exactly what you need to know for your exam, nothing more and nothing less. Which diagrams, what definitions, any processes and mechanisms are all explicitly pointed out in your spec points.

I would try to cover one all the bullet points under one topic for each subject per day. To do this, I would read up my textbook or online resources, make notes accordingly and try the blurting method. You can read up more on blurting here: https://bit.ly/3uCzvZl. I would repeat the process until I got majority of the content memorised. Anything that I figured would be difficult for me to memorise, I would format into a flashcard for me to look back at at another time in the week (I did this a lot for biology). After I had blurted, I would attempt past paper questions for the topics I learnt that day (topical past papers). I wouldn't attempt a full past paper as it would discourage me when I came across questions for topics I had forgotten. Topical past papers contain questions for topics you covered that day, which further engrained the knowledge into my brain.

As for maths, I would look up YouTube videos that thoroughly explained the calculations I did understand. Most of the time, I would go through videos that went through the entire past paper and explained how each answer is derived with the calculations. Math is more of a skill-based subject, so in addition to learning the maths you need to be able to put it into practice as well. Eventually, you will naturally get more comfortable with maths as you do lots of practice with questions.

I hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest