The Student Room Group

Rejected from top two choices - options?

I just got rejected from my top two uni choices, I had the grades for one of them and higher than needed for the other. My personal statement as far as I am aware was fine, so feeling really disappointed. I know you cant guarantee a place but I had started to imagine myself living there etc. Feeling so deflated and my other choices were kind of just back ups. Any advice or words of support lol, anyone been in the same situation, what did you do.
very popular universities especially in London are heavily over subscribed and end up rejecting students with or above the required grades. Unfortunately there isnt much anybody can do about it. It is a risk applying to heavily subscribed universities. Your choices would be to accept an offer from one of your other choices, taking a gap year and reapplying or looking elsewhere through extra or clearing.

The only comfort really is that very often people who are rejected go elsewhere and really enjoy themselves. Sometimes things are meant to be and work out for the better.
As above. You need to start looking at the other places you have applied for and find the good things. Where ever you end up going, you will have experiences and make friends that would not have happened but for this moment of diappointment. You just can't imagine it yet.
Reply 3
Big disappointments, yes - but you have some other choices to wait for before you need to make any radical decisions.
You could Firm another offer and just live with that until you get your results. If good enough for what was your top choices, think about taking a gap year and reapplying. If not, then its time to accept somewhere else and go there with a positive attitude and not constantly 'if only'. Sometimes we dont get everything we think we want - and eventually you will look back and realise it didnt make any difference because you are more than happy where you are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending