The Student Room Group

What sort of questions will I be asked in a CS PGCE interview?

Hey guys,

I recently got back an interview date for a PGCE course and in the email they asked me to prepare a few materials but they also stated a part of the interview will be dedicated to subject knowledge. Obviously I was expecting this but I was wondering what sort of questions theyre going to ask. Will they want uni level answers to questions about AI, operating systems and concurrency and logic gates and CPU structure? Or will They be asking me questions relevant to the GCSE/A-Level curriculum?
Original post by Charlie101998
Hey guys,

I recently got back an interview date for a PGCE course and in the email they asked me to prepare a few materials but they also stated a part of the interview will be dedicated to subject knowledge. Obviously I was expecting this but I was wondering what sort of questions theyre going to ask. Will they want uni level answers to questions about AI, operating systems and concurrency and logic gates and CPU structure? Or will They be asking me questions relevant to the GCSE/A-Level curriculum?

Hi @Charlie101998,

usually the questions on your subject knowledge are indeed linked to the A-level/ GCSE curriculum. Make sure you have a read of the National curriculum and the GCSE and A-level syllabi for your subject before the interview. If you haven't got one yet, you could get a Get into Teaching adviser who could support you through the interview process. It is a free service and all our advisers are experienced teachers. To sign up for one, click here.

Good luck,

Laure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending