The Student Room Group

Independently applying UCAS

So i’am currently filling out my ucas application which i am doing independently. I am using my old account but i thought that i would need to pay again for another application?- it hasent given me anything like this

Also, i am currently in year 1 at another uni. Is the highest level of qualification i expect to have before my course starts ‘below honours degree level’ or ‘no qualification’.
Would i add that i am in year 1 in my education part and put pending-i would also need to put a start and end date but iam gonna drop out if i get into another uni so what would my end date?
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Se_dmrc
So i’am currently filling out my ucas application which i am doing independently. I am using my old account but i thought that i would need to pay again for another application?- it hasent given me anything like this

You should be prompted to pay at the end when as submit the application.
Original post by Se_dmrc
Also, i am currently in year 1 at another uni. Is the highest level of qualification i expect to have before my course starts ‘below honours degree level’ or ‘no qualification’.

It'll be below honours, (ie. your A-Levels or equivalent), because you won't be awarded anything from your current uni if you are successful and take up a place elsewhere.
Original post by Se_dmrc
Would i add that i am in year 1 in my education part and put pending-i would also need to put a start and end date but iam gonna drop out if i get into another uni so what would my end date?

Yes, list the current study in your education section with no grade, (I think you can add 'no award' in the qual title). Put the end date that you expect to withdraw if you are successful, it just needs to be approximate.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
You should be prompted to pay at the end when as submit the application.

It'll be below honours, (ie. your A-Levels or equivalent), because you won't be awarded anything from your current uni if you are successful and take up a place elsewhere.

Yes, list the current study in your education section with no grade, (I think you can add 'no award' in the qual title). Put the end date that you expect to withdraw if you are successful, it just needs to be approximate.

Thanks for the reply.
I am also a bit stuck on my degree title. I do biochem, so would i just write that in.
Original post by Se_dmrc
Thanks for the reply.
I am also a bit stuck on my degree title. I do biochem, so would i just write that in.

Yeah, that'd be fine, if you have space I'd probably enter is something like 'BSc Biochem (leaving with no award)' or similar. Depends how many characters you've got to play with.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Yeah, that'd be fine, if you have space I'd probably enter is something like 'BSc Biochem (leaving with no award)' or similar. Depends how many characters you've got to play with.

Thanks alot!
Last question; can i request for reference before finishing my personal statement section?
Reply 5
Original post by Se_dmrc
Thanks alot!
Last question; can i request for reference before finishing my personal statement section?

Yes you can! The order is pretty much up to you, as you can only send it in when your application is at 100%
Original post by Se_dmrc
Thanks alot!

You can approach whoever you are asking whenever, yes, (and I am assuming that you are applying independantly rather than via a school/college), but they'll only be prompted to upload it after you submit the app.

Better to give them as much heads up as possible though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending