The Student Room Group

still haven't decided on my insurance

okay hi, this might be a bit long bc im stressed sorry

so im still stuck on whether to put warwick or cardiff as my insurance for biochemistry (with placement), i've looked into both unis, thought about it for ages and i still can't choose, im espeically worried since im not sure if i can get into my firm so i want to make sure i pick a good insurance option

i haven't been able to go see either uni, but i feel like cardiff is a better option city wise, however i know that warwick is the 'better' uni in terms of league tables so im trying to decide if i should go somewhere i might potenitally like living or uni that does better? (as silly as that might sound)

pros & cons of cardiff
+ BBB with A in epq
+ city is cheaper than london
+ uni is close to city centre
+ it's the capital so probably lots to do
- discover uni shows average starting salary for biochem is £23000
- 80% of students go onto study and / or work within the first 15 months

pros & cons of warwick
+ just need BBB
+ average starting salary for biochem says £28000 on discover uni
+ 95% go on to work and / or study within 15 months after the course
+ slightly higher student satisfaction than cardiff
- not sure if the city is as nice
- probably more on the expensive side

they're both still russell groups but warwick seems to just do better i think ?? (so i don't get why cardiff still had a higher entry requirement)

anyway is there anything else i should look at to help me decide or if anyone knows some more things about these unis

i've looked at the courses for both of them btw, i still don't know much about the placement years for either of them

that's it i think ! thank you for ur time :smile: i would appreciate any responses
Do either guarantee accommodation for insurance entrants?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending