The Student Room Group

Industrial Placement nerves

I'm a second year student studying Media and Communications at university. I have the option to take a placement year, where I can go work in the industry for a year and return to complete my degree.

Most of my coursemates have received offers for their placements already, and I'm still getting rejections after rejections. It's currently January, and most placements begin in June. Is this normal to be receiving rejections to this date? Do I need to be doing something more? Is it too late to expect to receive a placement now? Do I still keep applying?

Do let me know if anyone else is in the same predicament I'm in.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Don't give up. Just keep applying there are still lots of opportunities out there and some organizations would have only just started to advertise their placements. It's not unheard of for some people to get an offer for a placement as late as June. Are you registered on the right platforms?
Reply 2
Original post by Makro
Don't give up. Just keep applying there are still lots of opportunities out there and some organizations would have only just started to advertise their placements. It's not unheard of for some people to get an offer for a placement as late as June. Are you registered on the right platforms?

Im currently using BrightNetwork and using LinkedIn Jobs to find placement opportunities. Are there any other you would reccomend?
Reply 3
Original post by theq
Im currently using BrightNetwork and using LinkedIn Jobs to find placement opportunities. Are there any other you would reccomend?

Those are good, also try -
Work placements | Prospects.ac.uk and here - PR & Communications Placements, Internships & Graduate Jobs 2024 Job Search | RateMyPlacement

There's a placement opportunity here -1. Marketing & Communications Assistant Placement at Thames Valley Air Ambulance | RateMyPlacement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending