The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Do you need to have accepted an offer to be eligible for funding?

Hi everyone!
I recently received a conditional offer and the deadline to accept it is May 1st. I've also been allocated to a college and am now waiting on funding decisions before I can fully commit to accepting the offer, since I have been assessed as an overseas student.

Am I more likely to be considered for funding if I accept the offer? Or do funding bodies not know whether I have accepted the offer yet?
Hi!
I'm absolutely no authority on this subject and don't actually know anything for sure, but this question was asked a few times on the applicants thread and the answer seemed to be that accepting the offer or not shouldn't have any impact on funding decisions. But officially accepting the offer seems pretty meaningless anyway since you can always rescind your acceptance until pretty much the start of the course (according to Cambridge's "guide to your offer"), so I guess you could always accept it to be on the safe side :smile:
Hope this helps, but really take this with a (big) pinch of salt and maybe try to ask some better-informed people!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending