The Student Room Group

Which universities can I apply to?

Hi, I just got my results which were A*A*A and I managed to get into my firm to do law (Uni of Birmingham) but I'm considering taking a gap year for numerous reasons.

In the case that I do, which universities will I be able to apply to for law? The issue is the subjects are pretty 'soft' (they are Media, Business and Economics with my A*s in the last two).

With these subjects and grades, where do you think I could apply to for 2024 entrance? In my gap year I will also be doing valuable work experience in the field in order to buff up my application.

Thanks
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
You cannot defer a place AND reapply next year.
You would have to decline the place at Brum and then reapply for 5 new choices.

What's wrong with Brum?
Great Uni for Law!
Original post by McGinger
You cannot defer a place AND reapply next year.
You would have to decline the place at Brum and then reapply for 5 new choices.

What's wrong with Brum?
Great Uni for Law!

Yeah I meant in the case of rejecting birmingham. There's nothing particularly wrong with Brum tbf, it is in my area, I just don't think I'm ready to go to university just yet, I am so useless at living on my own lol

And if I did leave it a year, I will be more confident to leave my home town and my options will be much wider, so I was just wondering if there were any others
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Just defer your place - then get a job (any job), earn some cash and then do some travelling : https://www.explore.co.uk/
Next year you will far more confident about leaving home - and going to Uni wont see quite so daunting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending