The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

MSc Psychology Cardiff University 2024 / re locating

Hey

I just received an unconditional offer from Cardiff for their MSc Psychology (conversion) starting September 2024. Really pleased as it was my first choice!

Just wondering if anyone else is considering an offer from Cardiff or hoping to go there ? I’ll be needing to re locate prior to starting and it would be nice to get a house share with other postgraduate students.

I know it’s a bit early but was just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat/ thinking about finding a house share/ or knew of any groups where student house shares at Cardiff are discussed?

Xx
Original post by lev.ck
Hey

I just received an unconditional offer from Cardiff for their MSc Psychology (conversion) starting September 2024. Really pleased as it was my first choice!

Just wondering if anyone else is considering an offer from Cardiff or hoping to go there ? I’ll be needing to re locate prior to starting and it would be nice to get a house share with other postgraduate students.

I know it’s a bit early but was just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat/ thinking about finding a house share/ or knew of any groups where student house shares at Cardiff are discussed?

Xx

Hi there! First of all, congratulations! I'm an undergrad psychology student myself so if you had any questions about the school itself I'd be happy to answer :smile:

In regards to other MSc Psychology students, there are a couple populating in this thread here.

There are a couple of useful Facebook chats that might be helpful, such as anything titled "Cardiff student housing". A really useful site as well is SpareRoom. People who are looking for a housemate post adverts on this website, and I've seen quite a few ads asking for postgraduate flatmates!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
I have also received an unconditional offer and am strongly considering it, it would be great to connect with people since I would be relocating as well.

I haven’t been able to coordinate an open day yet and my only hold up is I can’t find any photos of the actual inside of the Tower building where we would be studying. It doesn’t really sell itself from outside haha and I would really like to see where I would be based every day.

Also, are there any opportunities at the uni to go to lectures or sessions in other subjects? For example if I really wanted to learn more about neuroscience but it’s not covered in the main curriculum, are there any options for that?
Original post by Milseie7
I have also received an unconditional offer and am strongly considering it, it would be great to connect with people since I would be relocating as well.

I haven’t been able to coordinate an open day yet and my only hold up is I can’t find any photos of the actual inside of the Tower building where we would be studying. It doesn’t really sell itself from outside haha and I would really like to see where I would be based every day.

Also, are there any opportunities at the uni to go to lectures or sessions in other subjects? For example if I really wanted to learn more about neuroscience but it’s not covered in the main curriculum, are there any options for that?

Hi! Many schools will host seminars or workshops open to all students, staff and the public, which are like mini lectures I suppose. You'd typically find them when you search up "School of [eg, philosopy] events". It's worth talking to your lecturers, tutors, or any staff members you are in contact with as well about your interest in attending talks. Sometimes one off lectures are advertised through emails, but a lot of the times you'd find more opportunities by seeking them out yourself :smile:

There is also the opportunity to learn languages as an extra. This is known as Languages For All and you do get examined for it :smile:

Hope that helped!
~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Hey, I have a link to a gc for Cardiff uni msc psych applicants - do u want the link?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending