The Student Room Group

Social Science PGCE at QUB 24/25

Hi all,
I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything back about the social science pgce at Queens? On the direct applications portal the options message updated from decision pending to "Your application has been received at the University and is currently under review." I don't understand why it has changed to this message now as my interview was weeks ago and I'm dying with anticipation.
Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Emco99
Hi all,
I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything back about the social science pgce at Queens? On the direct applications portal the options message updated from decision pending to "Your application has been received at the University and is currently under review." I don't understand why it has changed to this message now as my interview was weeks ago and I'm dying with anticipation.
Thank you

Hi, also waiting on this and noticed the change on my portal. They told me the last interview date was feb 14th so hopefully soon x
Reply 2
Original post by Rm022
Hi, also waiting on this and noticed the change on my portal. They told me the last interview date was feb 14th so hopefully soon x

Aw I'm so glad to see someone say theirs had changed to that as well. I've constantly been refreshing the portal
Reply 3
Original post by Emco99

Aw I'm so glad to see someone say theirs had changed to that as well. I've constantly been refreshing the portal

Hopefully they release the places soon, but i wouldnt imagine they will until a week after the last interview!
Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 5
Original post by Hp29463528
Have you heard anything yet?

I got my offer last monday
Reply 6
Original post by Rm022
What subject are you going to study? The waiting is killing me 😩
Reply 7
Original post by Rm022
What subject were you accepted for? The waiting is killing me 😂
Reply 8
Original post by LSH12345
What subject were you accepted for? The waiting is killing me 😂

I chose health and social care- what did you pick?
Reply 9
Original post by Rm022
I chose health and social care- what did you pick?
Same! Definitely loosing hope now 😩 wish they’d just tell me so I can stop loosing sleep over it!
Reply 10
Same! Definitely loosing hope now 😩 wish they’d just tell me so I can stop loosing sleep over it!

Aw do not be thinking that way at all! I was told on the day that if you dont get an offer theres a high chance youll be on the waiting list and they said that last year most people on the waiting list ended up on the course due to them being able to take on more students because other courses didnt meet their quota…
Original post by Rm022
Aw do not be thinking that way at all! I was told on the day that if you dont get an offer theres a high chance youll be on the waiting list and they said that last year most people on the waiting list ended up on the course due to them being able to take on more students because other courses didnt meet their quota…
Yea that said that to me too, so frustrating though isn’t it lol
Reply 12
Yea that said that to me too, so frustrating though isn’t it lol

I know, i don’t understand why they just didnt release all offers and rejections at the same time. Dont think that is fair at all
Original post by Rm022
I know, i don’t understand why they just didnt release all offers and rejections at the same time. Dont think that is fair at all
I know, it’s mad! I’m a mature student and I have a great job so I’ll just reapply next year, and the next, and the next etc. till they get fed up with me and offer it without an interview because we’re on first names terms 😂
I have lost hope completely. I just feel miserable about it all. I couldn’t stop shaking during the presentation, I’ve never done an interview before and had no idea what to expect.
I have lost hope completely. I just feel miserable about it all. I couldn’t stop shaking during the presentation, I’ve never done an interview before and had no idea what to expect.
It’s awful isn’t it! I forgot the most basic word, panicked and said something stupid instead 😂 what subject have you applied for?
It’s awful isn’t it! I forgot the most basic word, panicked and said something stupid instead 😂 what subject have you applied for?
I applied for health and social care. They asked why I wanted to be a teacher, I had prepared an answer for it, forgot the whole thing and just said I think I’d be really good at it and laughed nervously until my brain kicked in and I remembered a little bit of what I had prepared
I applied for health and social care. They asked why I wanted to be a teacher, I had prepared an answer for it, forgot the whole thing and just said I think I’d be really good at it and laughed nervously until my brain kicked in and I remembered a little bit of what I had prepared
Ah cool, nice to know I’m not the only one waiting!
I think once you’re in there anything can happen and they’ll have been able to see past that blip, every one is nervous ! I get really easily sidetracked so I had to concentrate really hard on the questions so I’d remember what I’m meant to be answering 😂
Anyone STILL waiting to hear back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending